This classic work provides an interesting study of the fundamental principles of criminal procedure in a logical sequence. The topic wise treatment of the subject along with references to academic writings and the judicial decisions makes the study of criminal procedure meaningful and comprehensible.
The author has incorporated all recent developments in the field of criminal procedure since the publication of the last edition in 2014.
The following are the unique features of the book:
- An illuminating overview by distinguished Prof. BB Pande.
- Latest case laws including the cases of Sriharan (2016) and Sushila Aggarwal (2020) have been incorporated at appropriate places in the book.
- Amendments made by Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2018 are included.
- Probing the Problems has been included at the end of the book; it contains points for classroom discussion.
- A new feature: Suggested Readings, has been added. This is a compilation of selected articles indexed on SCC Online® from the various Law Review Journals.
The author has also drawn attention to some ticklish aspects of the Code with a view to foster new thinking in the light of new developments so that criminal procedure law may grow in tune with the times.
Practising lawyers, judges, teachers, students of criminal law, judicial officers, police department officials and all those concerned with criminal law administration will find this thorough work immensely useful.
Extract from the Foreword
Mr Kelkar has brought a fresh approach in this book while dealing with the subject of criminal procedure. There is topicwise arrangement of the subject-matter and analysis of the relevant sections connected with each topic.
Justice H.R. Khanna
Extract from the Overview
With the arrival of Professor Kelkar’s Criminal Procedure the ways of understanding and articulating procedural law discourse in the courts underwent marked transformation.